The fierce urgency of now.

I have been spending as much time as I can volunteering for the Obama campaign here in Virginia. I'm doing whatever they ask: phone banking, canvassing, making flyers, networking, organizing events. My boss Sean is 19. 19? These kids are my heroes. The work is hard, yet I can't think of more important work than this. There is an urgency, an importance. I guess I feel a duty - as corny as that sounds - to do my part.



Bike spoke cards we produced for a bike canvass in Richmond.


Working the phone in the Virginia Obama headquarters. The posters on the wall we produced early this year and are up in offices all over the state. Check them out under the entry "After 8 long years, hope."


Sarah and I have canvassed many weekends, going door to door registering voters. The work brings us to some of the most neglected areas in the whole South.